10 Feb 2023
School Learning Support Officer – Boggabri Public School
Boggabri Public School is looking for a School Learning Support Officer for 2023 to start immediately. The position will be five (5) days per week for three (3) hours per day as a temporary engagement. Further hours can be discussed with the successful applicant.
An expression of interest addressing the criteria of no more than two pages in length should be submitted to Benjamin Carter, Principal at Benjamin.email@example.com by 5pm Friday 24th February 2023. Contact details of two referees should also be included.
School Learning Support Officer – Statement of Duties
- Provide support for students with identified diverse learning needs including disability in classrooms and other learning environments under direct supervision of a teacher.
- One to one and small group support as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Provide student wellbeing support
- Facilitate individual assessment and group work under guidance of a teacher.
- Administrative tasks and support for intervention groups.
- Other duties as delegated at the discretion of the principal and his delegate.
- Recent school-based experience as a School Learning Support Officer
- Ability to work with students with emotional, physical, or intellectual disabilities
- Demonstrated experience with assisting teachers within small groups and whole classroom settings
- Proficiency in the use of computers and a proven capacity to use DoE approved programs and systems
- Have a positive attitude and a demonstrated capacity for initiative, to work independently and as a team member in assisting to implement academic, sporting, and cultural programs that build supportive relationships across the school and community.
- MUST have a current NSW Working with Children Check.
Contact details of two referees are required.
Expressions of interest must not exceed 2 x A4 pages.
For further information or enquires, contact Benjamin Carter on (02) 6743 4526 or by email at Benjamin.firstname.lastname@example.org